Monday, May 3, 2010

A Computer for the Day

Dear family and friends, please be patient with me. It has been so hard to be without a computer and I do not have a library handy (27 miles). My computer has been so sick and I cannot get anyone to seem to know how to fix it. I do need a new one. I would have never believed that I would miss the few things that I do with it. One of the most rewarding things I do is keep up with my family and friends. No, I am still not a face book person, I enjoy personal e-mail and my blog. Most of all I enjoy reading about the happening on the blogs that I follow or the ones that I check into once in awhile. It has been hard.

The Rancher has had a really hard time. He has been forced to watch some TV as he cannot play his beloved games. He is a solitaire and free cell whiz. I guess that he is anyhow, he spends a lot of time playing it. Maybe he is still trying to perfect the game......I don't know. The worst part about all of this is the fact that I down-sized my TV programs. I am not about to pay $65 for a bunch of junk. That is just how I feel about it. I am now on the Family package and it has more things than I can watch. Hey, it is garden and yard time anyhow and that will keep me busy for the summer.

It is also time to get the 5th wheel out and get it ready to go camping. I hope that Mr. Rancher gets in the mood a little quicker this year than he has in the past. I think it is time to slow down and smell the pine trees, and enjoy some of this beauty that God has given to us. I am also feeling led to do a service work as we vacation this summer too. I feel that God has been directing me to help in an area where there are small churches needing someone to help for a bit this summer. I have talked to Pastor about it and he has given me a direction to search but I just haven't made the connection yet. I guess that I am waiting to see if God really has that plan for me. Pray for me.

We enjoyed our family over the week end. The Nurse came home with Studmuffin and Popcorn and Bookworm. They had things to do, and we had a great time. Popcorn now has curley hair. (a new perm) We also went to the School Art Show and saw our Senior artist win the best of the show. Wooo-woo!!! She also received another award and came home with money in her pocket. Also viewed the wedding dress for the oldest granddaughter. We are proud. I haven't found out how the ballgames in Texas came out but hope that they were okay.

Here's hoping that I get a new computer soon and that someone will help me get it set up. Have a good week and Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mom's. Remember to send me a real card, as the computer is out!!! HA It was good to be in touch.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry....who knew the rancher would miss it!

Andi said...

If you are thinking about it, you should do it. I think the "idea" to minister to smaller churches is God's voice. GO! Have fun!

Amy said...

Indeed. I absolutley agree with with Andi's comment... The ideas with have (with the exception of some delusions) is God speaking to you. Go for it!

As for your computer, I would love to have a go at it but I guess being 400 miles away is a bit far for a service call. On the other hand, I build awesome desktops!


Check out tigerdirect.com as they have some really good pricing on desktops and laptops. Then, of course, one can go directly through HP, Dell or Apply...