Tuesday, November 8, 2011


It is raining. Isn't that a wonderful way to start the week. As I look out the window at the pines and cedars I can also see the ice crystals starting to form on the higher tips. It is the time of year for colder weather and the TV said it was sleeting in the western part of the Panhandle .
The weather has been so unpredictable the past week. Yesterday there were several tornados in our State and some damage was done in rural areas. Nothing in the towns or cities. If you are the person it hits, it doesn't matter where you are. The destruction done to ones property is a hard blow. High winds in excess of 90mph were also reported.
This past week end the Rancher and I along with part of our children and grandchildren had a good time fishing at a State Park Lake in central Oklahoma. Yesterday that area was hit by a tornado. I am thankful we came home the day before. A camper is no place to be in a storm. We probably experienced the tremble of the earthquakes while we there but we just thought it was the force of the Oklahoma winds blowing down the plains.
Did you see that I mentioned earthquakes? Yes here in Oklahoma, that is getting to be a regular occurance in the central part of the state. Evidently the 5.7 tremor on Sunday morning was felt all the way to Wisconsin. I wonder what will be next. It mentions all of these things in Revelations. I am not going to dwell on that though, as only God knows the time of Jesus return, but I sure am working on being ready to make the return trip with Him.
I am watching the cardinals, Jays and finches feeding at the feeders. I love bird watching. They all share at the feeder and only when the ring neck dove or grackle come is there trouble. I don't know why they have to be so pushy. I guess the Jay birds are sort of bossy too. The quail are under the cedars eating the milo that The Rancher has scattered for them. I have other birds joining at my feeders lately as the days get shorter and colder, they come in for their handout.
This has been enough of a ramble. Hope that you get a good rain if you need it. We sure did.

2 comments:

Andi said...

How much rain did you get? Love the bird picture.

Anonymous said...

My hubby hates the Blue Jays. They would always get to his peaches before he had a chance! I didn't realize you had a blog. I'll be stopping by.