Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Remembering Mama

One year ago today, celebrating her birthday.
I Thank my niece Diane for sending this poem to me. I have read it many times but this year is has more meaning to me. You see my Mom is spending..
Her first Christmas In Heaven.
I see the countless
Christmas trees,
Around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
Reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular,
Please wipe away the tear,
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you
the joy their voices bring
for it is beyond description
To hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me
I see the pain inside your heart
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart
So be happy for me, dear ones
You know I hold you dear,
And I'm glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
It was always most important
In the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other
As my Father said to do,
For I can't count the blessing or love,
He has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas
And wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.
Happy Birthday to our Beautiful Mom. We do miss you.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I know Grandad Pat is spoiling her, but I would love to call and hear her say, "Well Hello!" with that lilt of excitement.

Love you Mom!

Andi said...

Oh, Paula! That is a perfect memory! I can hear her saying that!