Monday, September 5, 2011

The Vacation

I have been a bum for the past 3 weeks. The first week I was in the hospital so maybe that doesn't count. Let me tell you the life of liesure isn't what I want. What was to be a surgury that my GYN has done thousands of times, didn't quite work on me. I am a person who does not have to be like everyone else but this time it would have been okay.
The Rancher is terrific. He has been a wonderful nurse and went way beyond what I ever dreamed. He has been my strength, encouragement, and prayer warrior. I also have a wonderful family and great neighbors that have stepped in but let me tell you this....I would much rather be on the giving end than this.
I have watched the Waltons, old movies, the weather channel, news, the Waltons ( this is Walton Marathon weekend on the INSP network) , John Wayne, Tom Sellack, I have even watched some old Roy Rogers and from the 40's and 50's. I have watched HGTV, Nathional Geographic, Antique Roadshow, and did I mention The Waltons. In it all I have also had a lot of naps. I take short walks around the yard and circle drive, check out the grandkids feeding bottle calves and read and worked more suduko and crossword than I ever dreamed possible and I am getting pretty bored. Never, never will I wish for more liesure time again.
The order for 3 weeks was to rest and drink lots of fluids. I can't sit at the sewing maching as I must sit in a slight recline. I have been able to stand and wash the few dished that won't fit into the dishwasher,(plastic) and fold clothes if the Rancher puts them on the bed for me. Wednesday, I will go back to see one of my Dr.'s and see if all is going well. Maybe I can get some of this extra junk that I am wearing, removed and at least sit comfortably. Oh well, this has been a humbling experience for me and it has made me know beyond anything else that GOD is in control. I praise Him for putting all of these people in my life that have taken care of me. I also know that I am to take more time out for Him. That I can do, as I sit in my recliner and watch everyone else do my work.

No comments: