Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rambling

I just have a few thoughts today. I am sure they are things that you have wondered about. Some of these are found in one of my editions of UNCLE JOHN'S ABSOLUTELY ABSORBING BATHROOM READER. What? Your have never read this wonderful book. Actually there are several editions and they are a must to have in the bathroom for those who like to sit and read.(not me) It is also a great book to have at the bedside table in the guest room.

Don't you think Blondes do have more fun? Have you ever seen a brunette with blonde roots?

The name "Looney Tunes" is a takeoff on Walt Disney's popular 1930's cartoon series, "Silly Symphonies."

"Whenever I hear about a peacekeeping force, I wonder:If they're so interested in peace, why do they use force?"

President Wilson believed 13 was his lucky number. He once ordered a ship to slow down so he would arrive in Europe on the 13th instead of the 12th.

The 3 most influential pets of the Millennium:Lassie, Snoopy and Arnold the Pig.

Things you shouldn't say when a cop pulls you over:
1. "Aren't you the guy from the Village People?"
2. "That's Great. The last guy only gave me a warning too."
3. "You're not going to check the trunk, are you?"
4. "Hey, you must have doing 100 to catch me."
5. "I thought you had to be in good physical shape to be a cop."

Quotes from famous people:

"You might be interested to know that the Scriptures are on our side" Ronald Reagan
"Too bad 90% of the politicians give the other 10% a bad reputation." H.Kissinger
"Ive got a lot to learn about Washington.Why, yesterday I spent some of my own money."
Sen. Fred Thompson
"You can lead a man to Congress, but you can't make him think." Milton Berle

And Finally, here's a little food for thought:
Peanut butter sandwiches weren't popular until the 1920's.
Queen termites can lay an egg every second or 86,000 eggs a day.
If you lined up all the Slinkys ever made in a row,they'd wrap the earth 126 times.
Oregon has the most ghost towns of any state.

Now didn't you want to know all of that? Didn't that make your day a little more fun?
Buy the Book, at least one of them, and when you have absolutely nothing else to do, fill your mind with nonsense.

2 comments:

Andi said...

My day is complete now.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking my mind is already filled with nonsense! I love those books!