Monday, May 11, 2009

Sisters

Why do I always hit the wrong button. You will see an entry titled SISTERS and there will be nothing there. This is it!!

Yesterday, (Mother's Day) I spent time with my family. I spent time with the Ranchers Mother too. We fixed a lovely dinner for her to have at our house after church. I even used the good china and the beauthful silverware (not stainless) that the Rancher's parents bought for us for a wedding gift. It was a wonderful meal. The Rancher even made a cake. He asked what to do, so I told him, and he did it. At this time in his life, he made his very first cake and it was great. You know that anyone who can read, can cook. There is no excuse for not cooking, unless you are just lazy. So there, I have said something I have wanted to say for awhile.

Anyhow, later in the afternoon, we journeyed to the neighboring County seat and had a cookout with my Mother and my siblings. I have two brothers and two sisters and a sister-in-law who is my sister. We took the meat, the others brought the side dishes and my Baby brother did a great job on the grill. Hey the beans, dip, eggs and the Cherry Pie were delicious too. Good job guys.

Now the guys go into the TV room and I don't know what they do, but who wants to watch TV with my sisters around. They are crazy. We have a new job for my younger sister but I am not sure she is going to do it. We think she should be the "Official Park Police" in her town. She lives right across the street and is very concerned about the happenings in the park. She has sometimes had to go remind the boys of the community about how to treat their lovely facilities.

We offered to make her a T-shirt with a logo of 'PARK POLICE' and buy her a toy sheriff badge to wear when she is about her duties. Hey, we even offered to get her a clip board with some official looking paper to take names on. I don't think she is game for it but we had a lot of good laughs. Our mother, who wouldn't want me tell how old she is, just looked at us like we were out of our minds. Sometimes we are a little crazy when we get together.

I do want to tell you that I have some great sisters though. My older sister, just makes the best pies. (I could write a blog about that) and she loves to make jewelry. When she spends her free time living the life of a retiree in her RV, she learns a lot of new things. Beading is her new love and she does lovely work.She is also great at home decor. My younger sister, still works but does a great job gardening and is creative in whatever she does. I am most proud of her new goal, You see, she is a breast cancer survivor and in November she is going to do the "60 Mile Walk for the Cure" in Dallas. She and her friend are in training, and I know she will make it. My other sister,(the one my brother brought home) shared her home with us yesterday. She is so creative. She is a yard sale nut and she has so many neat things, She has a great creative eye and knows just what to do with a piece of junk. Her home and yard show her abilities Hey, I need to have them all come and and spend a day at my house. I think I will make a list and pile the jonk and let them get with it.

I guess that I should also mention Mom here, She is the one who made us sisters who we are today. I know that she was the one who taught me how to cook, the importance of making my bed AS SOON AS YOU GET OUT OF IT and keeping the dishes done. She also taught me that a mothers love is giving to her children and doing without things herself. She taught me that it was okay to take the afternoon off and go to the lake and take all of my friends swimming. She let me be a free spirit and roam the pastures and the river, and knew that we would be okay. (this was even before walkie talkies). She taught me to drive the car, even if I wasn't old enough. She taught me how to make dessert for Sunday dinner (when I was about 7). Hey, the list goes on so I had better quit chattering.

I jsut wanted to let everyone know how great the girls in my family are. You already Know that I have great daughters, If you don't, I will tell you about them sometime.

3 comments:

Sarah Kamolz said...

Well I really like this little post! Very cute and sweet! I especially loved the paragraph about your mother! Love you grandma!

Andi said...

Great post. Only I think Barbara needs a cap to finish the uniform! And maybe a whistle on a lanyard around her neck...

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Mom, I love your sister's and mom too and think they are great...how I wish I could have been with my sisters and with you yesterday.

I love you all
P